Cefaly is a drug-free method for treating and preventing Migraines & Headaches. (ARTG 203765)
Now available in Australia, Cefaly is a drug-free method for treating migraine pain and preventing migraine headaches from ever occurring. Cefaly treats migraine pain with neurostimulation – a stimulus that limits pain signals from the nerve centre by working on the trigeminal nerve where migraine headaches start. The patented Cefaly treatment changes the trigger threshold of migraine headaches. As the pain threshold becomes harder to reach, migraine headaches are less frequent, less painful, and simply disappear. Cefaly offers patients suffering from migraine pain and headaches an efficient electrotherapeutical treatment delivered via an extremely comfortable, ergonomic and simple-to-use medical device.
What is Cefaly?
Cefaly Headband for drug-free migraine relief.
Not only is Cefaly a drug-free method for treating pain, this migraine treatment can also prevent headaches from ever coming on.
Cefaly Headband treats migraine pain with neuro-stimulation. Headache relief starts at the nerve centre, working on the trigeminal nerve where migraines start.
This patented treatment offers real relief of migraines with an efficient nerve stimulation approach. This is your migraine relief technology in a comfortable, ergonomic and simple-to-use medical device.
Your Cefaly Product
The Cefaly set includes:
- Storage case
- Detailed instruction manual
- Cefaly electrode
- Skin-cleansing wipes
Cefaly Headband is a patented system and bears the CE medical mark.
It has been designed and developed in accordance with the strictest quality standards, complying with directive 93/42/EEC pertaining to medical devices and with all associated international IEC standards.
STX-Med is ISO-certified:
- ISO Medical 13485: 2003 (quality system specific to medical material)
- ISO Medical 13485: 2003 under CMDCAS (Canada)
- ISO 9001: 2008 (complete quality system)
- Clean the skin to ensure the Cefaly electrode adheres well.
- Remove red tag to allow battery power to the device
- Position the electrode correctly with the narrowest part facing down and the lower edge midway between the eyebrows.
The side effects of Cefaly
- Observed in 4.3% of patients
- Mild and completely reversible
- Most common: intolerance to the feeling of Cefaly on the forehead
- Most severe: allergic skin reaction to the electrode
The most common side effects
- Intolerance to the feeling of Cefaly on the forehead: 1.25%
- Sensation of fatigue during and after the session: 0.65%
- Headache after one session: 0.52%
- Irritation of the skin on the forehead: 0.22%